"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Central Casting - Heroes of Legend (Second Edition)


This is the second edition of the classic Heroes of Legend. I posted about the original version in February 2011. It is a book that I am not sure I ever used as intended but more as a means to flesh out characters and add spice to NPCs I created. The original version had some material on sexual disorders that was removed from this version and some other material was added. You can find the author Jennell Jaquays on Facebook still today.

The original was released in 1988 and this one in 1995. The book has 192 pages of random tables making it a good source for material when you want to add some random quirk to a player or NPC.

From the back of the book:

"Okay, I hate all Lizardmen so I draw my sword and attack!"
"So why do you hate Lizardmen, Corwin?"
"I don't know, I just do!"


Has this ever happened to you?

Are your heroes flat, lusterless characters with no sense of history or depth of personality? With Central Casting: Heroes of Legend, characters take on lives of their own. They gain families, friends, enemies, personalities, detailed past histories, and most importantly - gain motivations for life and adventuring!
Central Casting is a detailed, stand-alone system of tables, charts, and roleplay guidelines for creating thoroughly individualized, involved and invigorating backgrounds for both player characters and non-player characters.

No comments:

Popular Posts