"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Distant Echo - Viking Games


I know I have mentioned many times that I have material that I am not too familiar with and even that I am not sure how I came to posses it. To date this may be the biggest mystery yet. Most often it is something I bought and never had a chance to use. I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to RPG materials perhaps.

Most often times I recall buying the item though because I don't buy just to buy 99% percent of the time or better I would say.This book though is a complete mystery to me. I even recall when I scanned it thinking to myself "Where did this come from?" Most often strange buys will be the $1 or $2 Half Price Books variety and I bought it just to see what it had idea wise. This is lacking the price tag I see all too often.

When I buy from eBay most often it is a more directed buy though. I am usually on a kick to try and finish off material in a particular system or on a topic such as magic items. This does not fall into that category that I can recall. My best guess is that a number of years ago I bought a fairly substantial bulk lot of Guido-the-Gypsy on eBay. It showed some older Traveller material and a few other items so I bought it. It had a mixed bag of goods but was a good purchase. I suspect this came in that lot.

As far as "A Distant Echo" by Viking Games. I have nothing to say except what I was able to find on RPG Geek. From what I was able to find out this was the only module offering from Viking Games and the only material specific to their world Axander. They only had one other product from what I could tell and it was a monster manual type offering. If anyone has any insight into this I would love to hear about it.

Published: 2001
Pages: 32

From the back of the book:

One Sword, One Word, One Way

Twin cities, two nations, vying for regional power have encountered a rise of goblin tribes and raids to their national coffers. After a brutal encounter, player characters are drawn into national intrigue, which must be handled quickly or else the region will fall to the hands of the goblins.

The first question that needs answering is: who is supplying the enemy with its quality weaponry?

On the Wrong Side of Loyalty

Designed as the first in a series of adventures detailing the Axandar world a the brink of chaos and war, this d20 system adventure is for characters of beginning levels. Referees will be able to start new campaigns, or add exciting new dimensions to their current campaigns.

No comments:

Popular Posts