"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

EX1 - Dungeonland

Not the most well received or remembered of the Gygax modules. I only ever had the chance to run a group through about half of the first one and never had a chance to play in it myself. I remember thinking it was funny seeing Alice In Wonderland scenes made into AD&D encounters and that it took a bit of ingenuity. I think if this had been one of the "Lairs" type of books for one shot encounters and a means to tie them together into a larger on going set of encounters someway it might work. All of that aside I still think it took a ton of creativity to come up with details. I liked most of the April issues of Dragon Magazine though.

Popular Posts